A spate of deadly cucumber contamination has seen two people die and 246 others fallen ill in Cambodia.

It’s believed that the vegetables, consumed at a drug rehab centre, were contaminated with pesticide residues.

“They had nausea, dizziness, breathing difficulty, stomach ache and diarrhea, several hours after they ate fresh cucumbers,” provincial health chief, Keo Sopheaktra, told news site Xinhua Net.

“Two men were pronounced dead hours after being admitted to the provincial hospital, as 246 others have been hospitalised.”