Melburnians are being told not to worry if they smell smoke this weekend as planned burns are scheduled to take place.
Weather permitting, the following burns will take place;
• 16.5 hectare burn, Keilor on King’s Road
• 13.5 hectare burn, Mickleham on Mount Ridley West
• 6.9 hectare burn, Badger Creek on Koo Wee Rup Track
• 1.5 hectare burn, Badger Creek on Picaninny Creek
• 14.1 hectare burn, Powelltown on Boundary Track
• 11.34 hectare burn, Greensborough on Wanbanna Avenue
• 21.9 hectare burn, Powelltown on Bunyip Road
• 4 hectare burn, Warrandyte on David Road
• 10 hectare burn, Mount Dandenong on Kyeema Track
• 37.9 hectare burn, Powelltown on Portas Road.
So, if you are out and about and spot or smell smoke, don’t panic, it could be a burn-off.
Or a burnt democracy sausage.