A funeral in Germany has ended on an involuntary drug high when mourners were accidentally served “hash cake”. 

Funeral-goers at the restaurant in Wiethagen experienced ‘nausea’ and ‘dizziness’ after eating the cake, with 13 people requiring medical attention.

Local police discovered that a restaurant employee’s daughter had been asked to bake the cake.

The 18-year-old had also baked a “hash cake” for a separate occasion, and the mother accidentally took the wrong dessert to work.

Police in the nearby city of Rostock report that the employee’s daughter is under investigation.

The incident happened in August but wasn’t published earlier out of respect for the mourners.