Woolworths have announced further restrictions of products in an effort to crack down on panic buying.
Thousands of shoppers have taken to stores to stock up on toilet paper, pasta and hygiene products as COVID-19 continues to spread throughout the country.
The supermarket has now put limits on s, paper towel, serviettes and wipes in addition to its existing limits on toilet paper, hand sanitiser and bulk packs of rice.
Here are the new limits:
- Tissues – two pack limit per shop;
- Paper towel, serviettes and wipes – one pack limit per shop;
- Toilet paper – one pack limit per shop;
- Hand sanitiser – two unit limit per shop;
- Bulk rice (2kg+) – one pack limit per shop.
In a statement, Woolworths said “Woolworths continues to work closely with its suppliers to get even more product into stores and onto the shelves for customers as quickly as possible.’’