Eight varieties of milk sold across Victoria and southern NSW have been recalled over fears that they could be contaminated with cleaning solution.
The recall notice was issued on Thursday from Dairy Company Lactates Australia on one-litre Coles, Pauls, REV and PhysiCAL branded milk saying they may contain “an amount of food grade dairy cleaning solution”.
The affected product was sold in Coles, Woolworths, IGA and other retailers and has a best before date from June 25 to June 28.
The company also said the milk may also have a yellow colouring and a chemical taste.
In a statement from Coles, they said that the milk was sold across Victoria and southern parts of NSW including Albury, Deniliquin, Lavington and Tocumwal.
Anyone concerned about their health should seek medical advice.
Find below a list of impacted brands:
* Coles Full Cream Milk 1L Bottle (use by date: 25 and 26 June 2019)
* Coles Low Fat Milk 1L Bottle (use by date: 25 and 26 June 2019)
* Coles Skim Milk 1L Bottle (use by date: 25 June 2019)
* Pauls Full Cream Milk 1L Bottle (use by date: 26 and 27 June 2019)
* Pauls Smarter White Milk 1L Bottle (use by date: 25, 26 and 27 June 2019)
* REV 1L Bottle (use by date: 28 June 2019)
* PhysiCAL Low Fat 1L Bottle (use by date: 26 June 2019)
* PhysiCAL Skim 1L Bottle (use by date: 27 June 2019)
Anyone who may have purchased the affected product can return it to any Coles supermarket for a full refund.
People seeking further advice can contact Customer Care on 1800 061 562.