Headliner Miley Cyrus has pulled out of Woodstock 50, multiple sources tell Variety.
She joins the Raconteurs, the Lumineers and original Woodstock 1969 performers John Sebastian and Country Joe McDonald, all of whom have said publicly that they’re not performing.
Earlier, headliners Jay-Z and the Dead & Co., as well as John Fogerty, confirmed that they will not be performing.
While the status of Imagine Dragons and the Killers — the last two headline-level acts not to pull out — was unclear at the time of publication, the festival is not listed in the upcoming tour dates on either act’s website.
Regardless, sources tell Variety that the festival is moving ahead as a one-day event, and that so far four or five acts, including the Zombies, have agreed to perform. A source also said that a broadcast partner has been contacted and asked to budget out a single day’s performance.
Contacted by Variety, a rep for the festival had no comment.
The festival remains scheduled to take place at the Merriweather Post Pavilion outside Baltimore the weekend of August 16 to 18.
One group that has kept the faith all along has been the Zombies – the only group so far to confirm to Variety that they’re still on board.
While some reports have said that the festival will be “free,” like everything else involved with Woodstock 50, the details are maddeningly vague: The “free” moniker seems loosely tied to the concept of a benefit concert, though it’s unclear which charities may partner with the festival or whether attendees would simply be “encouraged to donate.”
Woodstock 50 lost its original site in Watkins Glen, New York and a second alternative in Vernon, New York due to permit issues, and has a tentative hold on Merriweather Post.