According to news.com.au , Google have just released a new function allowing us to undo a sent email!
Gmail is set to feature an ‘Undo Send’ function to their web-based version of the service.
In a recent blog by Google, they wrote “Undo Send allows people using Gmail to cancel a sent mail if they have second thoughts immediately after sending”.
This gives users the option to customise their settings and activate the option of cancelling an email from anywhere between five to 30 seconds of sending.
The feature is turned off by default so here’s how to activate it:
1. Log into Gmail on your computer
2. Click the icon that looks like a cog situated in the top right corner of the screen
3. Select the options for Settings
4. Find the option for Undo Send and tick the box
5. Set the cancellation period from 5, 10, 20 or 30 seconds
6. Click save changes at the bottom of the screen
7. The function is now active and after sending an email you will be given an option to undo the email in the selected time period.