Big Brother has created its own ratings storm to easily win its timeslot and land in the top 10 most watched shows.
The 11th season of Big Brother launched on Monday with a dozen contestants entering the house and being forced to play in pairs on the Nine Network series.
Hosted by Sonia Kruger, who was proudly showing off her baby bump, Big Brother had an average audience of 1.067 million to be the eighth most watched show on OzTAM’s overnight ratings.
Big Brother clearly crunched the Seven Network’s The Amazing Race: Aust v NZ in the timeslot.
The Seven reality series was 18th overall with 634,000 viewers.
It was a good night for Nine all round with The Block Glasshouse winning the ratings with 1.556 million viewers and A Current Affair landing in second with 1.237 million watchers.
A Current Affair’s higher than usual ranking was because of its exclusive interview with a young American woman who claimed to be a lover of Australian businessman Geoffrey Edelsten.
Most watched shows on Monday
1. The Block Glasshouse (Nine) – 1.556 million
2. A Current Affair (Nine) – 1.237 million
3. Seven News (Seven) – 1.210 million
4. Nine News (Nine) – 1.206 million
5. Nine News 6.30pm (Nine) – 1.177 million
6. The X Factor (Seven) – 1.174 million
7. Seven News/Today Tonight (Seven) – 1.137 million
8. Big Brother Launch (Nine) – 1.067 million
9. Home And Away (Seven) – 991,000
10. 7.30 (ABC1) – 874,000
18. The Amazing Race: Aust v NZ (Seven) – 634,000
* Source OzTAM