• Matt & Meshel in the Morning
  • Listen on
on air
60 Minutes Non-stop Music

KIIS 60

  • now playing:
    Matt & Meshel in the Morning
    KIIS 101.1
  • Listen on
MENU

The MFB Releases Warning To EVERY Melbourne Household

A faulty washing machine is believed to be the cause of a fire which ripped through a Reservoir house yesterday.

MFB firefighters attended the scene in Robins Avenue about 11am and saw smoke billowing from the property.

They acted quickly, containing the fire to the laundry before extinguishing it completely within minutes.

An elderly woman suffered minor smoke inhalation and was treated at the scene by Ambulance Victoria paramedics.

MFB Fire Investigators determined the blaze began when a faulty washing machine caught fire.

The Samsung top loader had previously been recalled for safety reasons.

MFB is urging residents to check their Samsung washing machines to ensure they are not on the national recall list.

Share this: