Prince Philip Still Hasn't Apologised To Car Crash Victim
A mum-of-two who was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries after Prince Philip crashed into her car claims the Duke of Edinburgh still hasn't apologised to her.
46-year-old Emma Fairweather says that she's "lucky to be alive" and "couldn't stop screaming" as Prince Philip's Land Rover smashed into her Kia last week.
"I’m lucky to be alive and he hasn’t even said sorry," Fairweather told the Sunday Mirror. "It has been such a traumatic and painful time and I would have expected more of the Royal Family."
Despite Buckingham Palace insisting that well wishes had been exchanged between the mother-of-two and the Duke of Edinburgh, Fairweather claims the only person she has heard from is the police family liaison officer.
The #DukeofEdinburgh has exchanged "well-wishes" with the occupants of the other car involved in the accident. A Palace spokeswoman: "Contact has been made privately with the— Emily Nash (@emynash) January 18, 2019
passengers in the other car and well-wishes exchanged."
According to The Sun, the royal said "I'm such a fool" following the crash which saw his car collide into Fairweather's carrying a nine-month-old baby.
The 97-year-old Prince and Emma Fairweather were both breath tested by police, which returned negative results.
While the Duke of Edinburgh walked away from the crash, the 46-year-old was taken to hospital with a broken arm.
"It could have been so much worse. Prince Philip apparently said to a witness that it was the sun that dazzled him but I can’t see how that could be true when it was overcast," she told the publication.
"It would mean the world to me if Prince Philip said sorry but I have no idea if he’s sorry at all... I know the Queen is a busy lady but I was really excited at the idea she might phone me."
To make things even worse, just 48 hours after the collision, the Duke was spotted back behind the wheel of a brand new Land Rover alone, without a seatbelt.