Melbourne Residents Warned About THIS Insect
A Melbourne man has his legs amputated and could lose his arms after being bitten by a white tailed spider.
Terry Pareja was visiting his brother and sister in Birchip when he was bitten by the spider on his right leg.
Around 24 hours later Terry;s leg began to swell, and due to no Doctors surgeries being open over the weekend, he had to wait until Monday for medical help.
After seeing a doctor, Mr Pareja was rushed to Wimmera Base Hospital where emergency surgery was performed to amputate his right leg, which had been eaten away by flesh-eating bacteria from the spider bite.
The bacteria had also spread to his left leg and was amputated after he was airlifted to The Alfred Hospital in Melbourne.
His sister Rachel has said that his arms could now be amputated and ‘they didn't look too well last time I saw him.
It could be 18 months before Mr Pareja is allowed home whole he recovers from the bite.