KIIS 101.1
NON-STOP KIIS

Now Playing:

Loading...
Listen on

Melbourne Police Release Warning To All Residents

Police have warned Hume and Melbourne residents after a fire was caused by drying clothes near a heater in Dallas.

Detective Senior Sergeant Ray Freeman said a father rushed his two children, aged one and three, to safety when clothes left next to a gas heater in the room they were in caught fire.

It is recommended that no residents should dry their clothes near a heater, clothes and any fabric can catch fire quickly.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze in a house on Barry Road on June 7 at 8:15 am and the children were taken to hospital as a precaution.

Another incident set off a smoke alarm in Westmeadows on June 4th for the same incident after a heater was placed below some curtains.

Share this: