Melbourne's Original Night Market Returns And We Are Pumped
- Where: Queen Victoria Market Queen St & Therry St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000
21st November, 2018, 4:30 PM - 20th March, 2019, 11:00 PM
add to calendar
- Event Type: Food & Drink
- Website: https://www.thenightmarket.com.au/
Melbourne’s original and favourite Night Market is back at the iconic Queen Victoria Market!
Each Wednesday night, the Market’s historic sheds will transform into Melbourne’s hottest summer hangout with more than 60 global street food stalls and festival bars, more than 100 specialty fashion, homewares and general merchandise stalls, plus a rotating weekly line-up of live music and entertainment.
This summer season will see many new food and beverage traders debut at The Night Market, including:
- The Summer playground: Visitors can enjoy a variety of backyard-style games from a giant toy box, including giant Jenga, checkers, totem tennis, ka-plunk, stickz, bubble balls.and chess.
- Free weekly live entertainment: Including swinging honky-tonk, pop, acoustic and dance DJ sets.
- New street food to try this year: Polish dumplings from Pierogi Pierogi, Japanese street food from Miso Fresh, arepas and empanadas from Colombiantojos and French crêpes from Little Paris.
- Returning favourites: The Cypriot Kitchen's halloumi chips, loukoumades (Greek doughnuts) from Taki's Balls and Italian cannoli from That's Amore Cheese.
- Refreshing drinks: Traditional lemonade, crisp pale ale from Brick Lane Brewing, apple cider from Yarra Valley's Coldstream Brewery and cocktails from Canadian Club.
The Night Market is one of Melbourne’s favourite midweek hangouts; providing locals and visitors alike with a vibrant, summer-fun atmosphere to enjoy the warmer months in style.
Season dates: Wednesday 21 November 2018 to Wednesday 20 March 2019 (excluding Wednesday 26 December)
Time: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
Where: Queen Victoria Market, corner Queen and Therry Streets, Melbourne.
Cost: Free entry with food and drinks available for purchase.