Star Wars Day: Ways To Celebrate May The Fourth In Melbourne
Since fans invented the clever turn of phrase based on the classic Star Wars slogan “May the Force Be With You” back in 1978: “May the FOURTH Be With You,” fans around the world have claimed May 4th as their day to honour the galaxy far, far away – here’s how you can get involved in the celebrations in Melbourne!
FREE STAR WARS ACTIVITIES AT FEDERATION SQUARE, MELBOURNE
Come to Federation Square in Melbourne on Saturday, 4 May to enjoy a free, fun-filled day of activities and live entertainment in celebration of Star Wars Day, including:
• X-wing Resistance Fighter Photo Opportunity: Prepare to take on the Empire and hop inside the Rebel Alliance star fighter for the ultimate photo opportunity.
• Jedi Padawan Training: Whether you’re young or young at heart, learn the Jedi skills needed to face The Dark Side.
• Screenings of Galaxy of Adventures: Pull up a bean bag and enjoy the all-new animated content series on the big screen.
• Merchandise: Get your hands on all-new, exclusive May 4th T-shirts from Zing and the May 4th kids’ range from Cotton On Kids.
• Performance from a Cantina band: Watch on as jazz musicians recreate a Cantina-style performance inspired by music from the iconic Star Wars score – brought to you by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. Keep an eye out for a discount ticket offer for the MSO’s November shows of The Last Jedi!
• Cosplay Competition: Come dressed up as your favourite Star Wars character for your chance to win a prize at the kids’ and adults’ costume competitions at 12.00pm.
STAR WARS NEON RUN AT YARRA PARK, MELBOURNE
Grab your co-pilot and set course for Yarra Park when the Star Wars Neon Run arrives in Melbourne on Saturday, 4th May.
The world-class, interactive experience will see participants enjoy a five-kilometre night-time run with five unique zones along the course inspired by Star Wars’ iconic stories, characters and icons.
The five unique zones along the course include:
• Begin your journey by slipping past the Stormtroopers undetected by using the foam cover.
• Slimey? Mudhole? Yoda’s home this is. Immerse yourself in the mysteries of The Light Side in this zone.
• Take a pit stop at the Hidden Rebel Base... if you can find it.
• These are the Droids you’re looking for! Use your droid sidekick to power up the disco – but it may be the quietest party you’ll ever go to.
• If you’re daring, discover the full power of The Dark Side in your final steps of the journey, but be wary of who you might find, as he might not let you go on.