Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To Visit Melbourne
Australia will be the first stop on Prince Harry and wife Meghan's first official overseas tour, which will include visits to Dubbo, Melbourne and Fraser Island.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will land in Sydney on October 16 to begin a three-week regional tour, including stops at Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand.
They arrive in Sydney on October 16, before heading to Dubbo where locals say they are excited to welcome the royal pair.
Dubbo Mayor Ben Shields says the tour would give a big boost to local morale.
"It shows we're still on the map and Harry and Meghan are here to see what Australia is all about," he told AAP.
For a true Aussie experience Prince Harry and Meghan should have a bite of Australia's best meat pie and visit Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Cr Shields said.
Commercial Hotel Dubbo manager Jimmy Anthon says he's excited to welcome the royals, especially as locals need a boost in morale during the drought.
"It would be a good distraction as much as anything," he told AAP.
Following a day in Dubbo, the pair will travel to Melbourne and back to Sydney for the Invictus Games - a Paralympics style event for defence veterans - which begin on October 20.
On October 22 the royals will spend a day on Fraser Island, before making their way to Fiji and Tonga and then back to Sydney on October 26 to close out the Games the next day.
The tour will end with four days in New Zealand.
Prime Minister Scott Morrison says he is looking forward to welcoming The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
"Their visit will be an opportunity to promote the incredible achievements of Invictus athletes from around the world, and showcase Australian programmes promoting youth leadership, environmental and conservation efforts," he said in a statement on Monday.
List of when and where you'll be able to see the royal pair:
- October 16: Sydney, Australia
- October 17: Dubbo, Australia
- October 18: Melbourne, Australia
- October 19-21: Sydney, Australia
- October 22: Fraser Island, Australia
- October 23 -24: Suva, Fiji
- October 25: Nadi, Fiji and Nuku'alofa, Tonga
- October 26: Nuku'alofa, Tonga and Sydney, Australia
- October 27: Sydney, Australia
- October 28: Wellington, New Zealand
- October 29: Wellington and Abel Tasman, New Zealand
- October 30: Auckland, New Zealand
- October 31: Rotorua, New Zealand
Source: Buckingham Palace & AAP